The ECEIM Scientific Committee invites authors to submit abstracts to be considered for inclusion in the Scientific Program at the congress. All abstracts have to be submitted through the offcial abstract module of the ECEIM Congress, and must conform to the general guidelines for submission. Abstracts submitted via e-mail, fax or other will not be accepted. The online abstract system will take you step by step through the submission of your abstract. After having submitted your abstract you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
Abstract submission for the 2023 ECEIM Congress is closed.
Opening abstract submission: 27th of March 2023
Extended Deadline abstract submission: 14th of June 2023, 23.59 CEST
Confirmation of acceptance/rejection: 17th of July 2023
The ECEIM invites submission of abstracts for research communications for the annual European College of Equine Internal Medicine Congress 2023 in two formats:
- Oral presentation
- Poster presentation
Abstracts for oral presentations will be included in the main programme and are limited to 12 minutes followed by 3 minutes' discussion.
Papers relating to recent research into any aspect of equine internal medicine will be considered. It is not allowed to submit abstracts on (parts) of research projects that have been previously published, or presented nationally or internationally prior to the ECEIM Congress 2023.
Single case reports are not acceptable for oral presentation, but only for poster presentation. Clinical case series are considered for both presentation formats.
The submission of an abstract implies the author's willingness to present (oral or poster) the abstract at the Congress.
Both diplomates and residents are encouraged to submit abstracts for oral or poster presentation.
- The abstract should be clearly structured in sections including introduction, methods, results, conclusions, clinical relevance
- An abstract should be max 300 words in length (main body of the abstract including subtitles - excluding main title - no references required for the abstract). Longer abstracts may be accepted but 1% of the total score will be lost for each word above the 300 words limit (eg an abstract with 320 words will lose 20% and is highly unlikely to be selected)
- The use of pictures, tables or graphics is discouraged, unless absolutely necessary
- The submission of an abstract implies the author's willingness to present (oral or poster) the abstract at the Congress.
- Abstracts received will be peer-reviewed according to subject categories for scientific content, experimental design, animal welfare, and relevance to equine internal medicine.
- You may submit as many abstracts as you like. Though only 2 abstract per author will generally be accepted. Abstracts should be up to 300 words in length excluding the title and including subtitles and should be organised in sections (introduction, methods, results, discussion, clinical relevance). Longer abstracts will be considered but will be penalised (usually 1% for each word above the 300 limit).
- All abstracts must be submitted online before 23.59 GMT +2 June 14, 2023.
LUIS MONREAL AWARD 2023
All ECEIM resident's presentation qualify for this award - SPEAKERS EXCHANGE with ACVIM.
Please make sure to highlight that you are an ECEIM resident in your submission
ECEIM residents are eligible for 'best oral presentation' and/or 'best poster presentation' are eligible for this award. ECEIM and ACVIM-LA have agreed to exchange resident speakers for their annual meetings. The two residents winning this award (oral and/or poster) at this year's Annual ECEIM Congress will receive financial support to attend the 2024 ACVIM Forum. The support consists of a waived ACVIM congress registration fee and a lump sum per person to be used exclusively for the 2024 ACVIM Forum. You must be officially enrolled in an ECEIM residency program at the time of abstract submission in order to be eligible for the award. A fraction of the abstract slots (minimum 6) will be reserved for ECEIM residents.